I think it’s safe to say we’re officially on baby watch! I’m 37 weeks and baby boy is due March 7th BUT this last month anything could happens so we are trying to get as prepared as we can be! Today I’m sharing what I’m packing in my hospital bag- I’ve done some online research and also gathered advice from friends and you guys on Instagram. It’s hard because I don’t want to bring TOO much, but obviously need all the essentials to make the stay as comfy as possible. Ps. I’m also listing some other miscellaneous recommended items from you guys at the bottom of the post!
For Mom & Dad
- Cozy robe
- Pajamas- I’m bringing 2 sets of my beloved Target pajamas, one short and one long.
- Disposable undies (I picked up some of the FridaMom and Always brands- one of my girlfriends said the mesh ones from the hospital were too big so I thought it would be good to have another option)
- 2 pillows with non-white pillowcases
- 2 towels (I hear the hospital ones are small and not soft)
- Slippers & grippy socks
- Nursing bras (2) and tank
- Motherlove nipple cream
- Nursing pads
- Nursing gown
- Lip balm (Aquaphor is my go-to)
- Travel size toiletries (face wash/wipes, moisturizer, toothpaste, dry shampoo)
- Hair dryer (check with your hospital because some have them)
- Boppy nursing pillow
- Going home outfit- I’m packing these joggers (they are amazing!!), a tee & cardigan
- Extra long iPhone cord
- Snacks & water bottle
- Book/computer if you happen to have more downtime
- 2 swaddles (1 blanket & 1 velcro)
- Sleeper outfit
- Mittens, socks & hat
- Coming home outfit (not sharing that one yet because it has his name on it!)
- Baby blanket
- Car seat (must-have!)
- Small stroller fan in case labor gets really hot
- Portable sound machine to block out the hospital noise
- Your own hospital gown
- Portable speaker if you want to play music during labor
If any of you are expecting I hope you find this list helpful! And for those of you have gone through this before, is there anything major I’m missing? Let me know in the comments below!
The only thing I’d add is handsfree pumping bra- you may not need to pump in hospital but in case you do it’s helpful to have (both of my kiddos were on the small side and had low bgs)
Anna English says
While this post doesn’t apply to me, I do have a slight obsession with ONE bars. The birthday cake flavor is my favorite!
Bring a Roku/Firestick/Apple TV in case you have an extended stay. You can always watch Netflix! Bring an extension cord if you do.
I also took my 24000mAh power bank and it worked great the whole time so my phone was nearby. I brought the charger for that instead but didn’t need it.
looks like you are VERY prepared!! and so many cute baby clothes already!
goooood luck, girl.
xx rebecca // http://www.rebeccapiersol.me
Can’t believe your due date is coming up! I’ll have to take note of this post!
You’re going to be so prepared! It sounds like you have all the best of the best ready to go. And I’m sure there will be some helpful, last-minute additions before you leave that will make it an even better experience.
I brought a sleeping eye mask to block out the brightness from machines at night and also light during the day if you want to nap!
Sarah Lindner says
Looks like you got it all covered! Best of luck and wishing you a smooth and healthy delivery! xoxo, Sarah
Dry shampoo and under eye patches are such great ideas!
Tanvi Rastogi says
Good luck. You have got it down. Wishing you a smooth and healthy delivery.
Candace Hampton says
It looks like you’re prepared girl! I haven’t had a baby, but I think you’ve got everything covered for baby and yall! The robes are really cute. I’ve heard socks/slippers are a necessity any time of year because hospitals are cold!
You have all your bases covered girl! You’re so prepared and ready for baby boy to get here!
All of this is so essential! What a great packing list!!
cute & little