1 // Travel Bag
So excited to bust out my Tory Burch tote this weekend as I head up to Boston! I hate packing… seriously hate it. I never know what to wear and I check the weather like a crazy person. There are a few things, however, that I always know to bring no matter what.
1. Ray-Bans… I would be so lost without my sunglasses.
2. Dry shampoo… because I’m one of those lucky people who has to wash their hair every day. This helps me to freshen it up on the go.
3. Roll-on perfume… my current scent is Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh. It smells delicious & is carry-on friendly!
4. Watch… because you need to know what time it is! I have learned over time that glancing at the time on your pretty little arm candy is much easier than pulling out your phone every 5 minutes.
5. Jack Rogers… they seriously go with everything. A summer vacay wouldn’t be complete without these babies!
6. Hand cream… Shea butter can do wonders & I always keep this L’Occitane cream on hand.
7. Lip balm… once again, I would be lost without this. Love my Fresh Sugar products!
2 // No School for a Week!
3 tests weeks are no fun, but luckily this was our last one of the year. Phew. We also got to help deliver a baby on one of our simulators, “Noelle.” It was very cool but for some reason I get a feeling that it may be a little more difficult in real life! And let me tell you even though we had lots of tests, me over here is more stressed about packing! I know I’m crazy… but I just have to remember packing means traveling. And I love traveling 🙂 After Boston, I’ll get to spend the rest of the week in Charlotte- this break is much needed!
3 // Clinical Experience #4: Urgent Care
Most of us have been here a time or two and this is an area I’m considering going into after graduation. I like the fact that you always see something different and the patient typically has a specific complaint. I got to see patients with conjunctivitis (aka pinkeye), knee pain, a UTI, and bronchitis. My very first rotation will be urgent care in Charlotte and did I mention that it’s just under 3 months away?!? Eeeek so exciting (and a little scary)!
4 // Seche Vite Top Coat
Ok I know I’m a little behind the times, but after reading B Loved Boston’s post about this, I decided to order it. I had heard of this famous top coat a while ago but for some odd reason never tried it… but oh so glad that I finally did! It seriously dried my nails so fast and they were super shiny & hard and I could go about my day. Still doesn’t beat my gels of course, but I gotta say this is must-have, ladies!
5 // Bon Voyage
I leave for Boston tomorrow (hip hip hooray!) so I may be away from the blog for a few days. Wish me luck at the Challenge Bowl and hopefully we can make it to the final rounds on stage! Keep up with my happenings on Instagram and have a fab Memorial Day weekend!