Hip hip hooray, today’s my 28th birthday!! It’s hard to believe that I’m officially in my late-20s. Is this real life?! I had to work this weekend (and 12 hours today.. bummer, I know) but celebrating will be in full force this weekend. One highlight from yesterday was getting an early birthday present- a new bike for cruising our neighborhood! Eeeek- I have wanted one of these for quite some time now. We didnt have anywhere to put it when we were in our condo uptown but now that we’re in South End, I have a feeling we’ll bike everywhere. In honor of turning a year older, I thought it would be fun to share 28 random facts about yours truly.
1. I was born in Moscow, Russia and moved to western North Carolina when I was 4.
2. I’ve never had braces.
3. I’m not really a pet person (gasp!) however if I were to ever get a dog, it would either be a teacup pomeranian or yorkie.
4. I’m pretty adventurous and love to try new things- travel, weird foods, skydiving… bring it on!
5. Despite my blog name and love for nail polish, I used to bite my nails really bad when I was younger and didn’t really paint them until college.
6. When Ryan & I first started dating, we did a scavenger hunt in uptown Charlotte and ended up winning a diamond ring (which we later sold).
7. I met Adam Levine backstage at a Maroon 5 concert a few years ago.
8. I hate feet.
9. I sleep like a rock in bed and can fall asleep in 30 seconds but for some reason can’t sleep on a plane.
10. I met my husband the good old fashioned way, in a bar!
11. There’s nothing I love more than dining al fresco with a glass of wine in the springtime.
12. I absolutely hate that “Bohemian Rhapsody” song and especially when people sing it karaoke. It’s so bad and I just don’t know why everyone loves it!
13. I don’t know how to whistle.
14. I want 2 kids max, but I’m in no way ready for them. Maybe in a few years!
15. I love riding roller coasters and hope to visit Cedar Point in Ohio one day.
16. I learned calligraphy before my wedding and now I can’t address an envelope without it!
17. I can’t sing at all but know the words to most rap songs.
18. Sushi is my absolute favorite food. I could eat it all day, every day. The more raw fish, the better!
19. I hope to travel to Greece and Tahiti sometime in the next few years.
20. I have 2 eggs and either a cup of juice or a smoothie every morning. No matter what.
21. I’m always in the mood to dance.
22. One item on my bucket list is to sit front row at a concert.
23. I have a Master’s degree and love to joke with Ryan that I’m more educated than him 😉
24. I absolutely love taking baths, I find them so relaxing and don’t think they’re gross at all!
25. The only time I like to cook is when I have a HelloFresh meal in front of me.
26. I have the biggest sweet tooth.
27. I’m super competitive at escape rooms and board games. Heads Up and Catch Phrase are my jam!
28. I think every birthday should be a big deal and always celebrated, now matter how old you are.
I feel so fortunate to be where I am on this birthday- married to the love of my life, have a job doing what I love, surrounded by great friends and family, and building a life here in Charlotte. Thanks to everyone that continues to stop by this little place every day- without you, Medicine & Manicures wouldn’t be what it is today. Cheers to 28!!