Happy Thursday, friends! This has been a busy little week and last night was the first time I just got to lay around and chill. This little post has been floating around several of my favorite blogs so naturally, I had to join in! Hopefully you can learn a little more about me and also write one for yourself because these are some of my favorite posts to read… here goes nothing 🙂
Four of my nicknames
1. TT – Ryan somehow came up with this one. TT stands for multiple adjectives of “Tina.” His two favorites have to be “Tiny Tina” and “Tired Tina” (but FYI, no one calls me Tina in real life).
2. Tina – Ok so… some people can call me Tina, but only my besties get that privilege. I think my friend Logan started this one, which stemmed off of K-Tina (back from the high school days).
3. Puddin’ – Another one from Ryan. We love the silly nicknames around here.
4. Giggles – Ryan is cuddles. We’re so weird 🙂
Four jobs I’ve had
1. Sonic – This was my very first job as a senior in high school and I absolutely loved it! I got to skate around on roller skates, make tips, and yes… I did wipe out a few times.
2. Babysitter/Nanny – This was seriously one of my favorite jobs. Getting paid to hang out with kids- how awesome is that?!
3. Medical Scribe – After college when I was trying to get some experience for my PA school application, I worked in the ER as a scribe. Basically, I would follow the doctor/PA around to see each patient and I would chart for them.
4. Patient Services Specialist – Otherwise known as a receptionist, I worked the front desk at OrthoCarolina for two years before I got into PA school. This was my first full-time job (aka “big-girl job”) and I absolutely loved working there. I’m even more excited about doing my ortho rotation there in June… can’t wait!
Four movies I’ve watched more than once
1. Mrs. Doubtfire – I know pretty much every line and can also do a mean impression of a hot dog. I even found the famous house in San Fran!
2. Wedding Crashers – Probably my favorite comedy of all time. I still remember going to the movies in high school and getting some random people to buy our tickets because we weren’t 18 yet. Ahhh, the good ‘ol days.
3. Titanic – I mean, it’s a classic! Yes it’s long, but I swear it never gets old- such a well made movie!
4. Sex and the City – What girly girl doesn’t love this movie?
Four things in my purse
1. Lip products – Whether it’s lipstick, Fresh Sugar lip balm, or Vaseline, I have to have something to keep my lips looking smooth and hydrated. You could say I’m addicted.
2. Tic-Tacs – Gotta keep that breath fresh!! I have to pop one of these babies in anytime after I finish a meal.
3. Mini hair brush – This is a must have when I wear my hair straight (it tends to get stringy) and when I need to apply lipstick on the go. Basically, I feel lost without this thing! I recently got a new one from Sephora and it’s even more compact than my old one. Love!
4. Emi-Jay hair ties – I hate wearing my hair up, but you gotta be prepared!
Four places I’ve lived
1. Moscow, Russia – In case you didn’t know, I wasn’t born in the US and am 100% Russian. So that means I can speak it, right? Sadly no, but I can understand my mom so I guess that counts for something!
2. Marion, NC – This would be my good ‘ol hometown. It’s located in the foothills of NC between Asheville and Hickory and is super small. Like one high school small. I don’t visit too much because there’s not much to do but the best thing about Marion would have to be Lake James- it’s beautiful!
3. Charlotte, NC – I love this city so so much! I moved here in August 2006 to attend The University of North Carolina at Charlotte and graduated in 2010. After that I moved right outside of uptown and lived with my roommate Whitney for 3 fun years. After that, I briefly moved in with Ryan until August 2013 when I moved off to Buies Creek to start PA school!
4. Garner, NC – Conveniently located right outside of Raleigh, the roommates and I thought it would be best to get out of Buies Creek for our clinical year and be a little closer to civilization. What’s the best thing about living there? Having 2 Targets that are only 5 minutes away… heaven!
Four places I’ve visited
1. Dominican Republic – Beautiful beaches, beautiful weather, what’s not to love? I have nothing but good things to say about the DR (stay at Secrets Royal Beach… it was amazing!!)
2. San Francisco – San Fran is absolutely beautiful and has some of THE best food I’ve ever had. From the trolleys to the Golden Gate Bridge to the gorgeous victorian homes, it’s a city like no other.
3. Charleston – I never get tired of visiting this place. Beaches, shopping, and the best southern food you’ve ever had.
4. Boston – I went there last May for the national PA conference and loved every minute of it!
Four places on my travel bucket list
1. St. Lucia – We are considering this as our honeymoon destination, but no official plans yet. The island looks very “pacific” to me with its large Pitons and lush green landscape.
2. Santorini – Greece looks amazing and like something straight off of a post card. Those white houses and the cobalt blue water… I will be visiting there sometime in the next few years.
3. Italy – I feel like Italy would be so romantic and can you just imagine the food?? I’ve never been to Europe so Ryan & I are definitely planning a trip in the near future.
4. Thailand – Another possible honeymoon spot- Thailand looks absolutely gorgeous and I hear you can get a lot of bang for your buck. It’s so far away, but hopefully I’ll make it there at some point!
Four things I don’t eat (this is a hard one because I eat pretty much anything)
1. Spicy chicken wings – Me and spicy foods don’t get along. I just don’t know why anyone would want to sweat while eating?!?
2. Licorice – Just… eww!
3. Refried beans – It looks like mushy you-know-what. Sorry… but it’s true!
4. Brussel sprouts – I like my greens, but I’ve never been a fan of these.
Four TV shows I watch
1. The Bachelor/ Bachelorette – I only started watching this show when I graduated college and I was hooked! I’m sad to say that the seasons just aren’t what they used to be, but somehow I always keep coming back for more!
2. Revenge – I’ve been watching since the very beginning and I still love it, even though it is so out there. I just love to hate Victoria.
3. Tosh.0 – Sometimes you just want to get a good laugh out of people doing stupid s**t!
4. Grey’s Anatomy – The obsession is real!! I re-started the series after PA school because I thought it would be cool to know what all the medical stuff was and now I’m seriously invested in their lives.
Four things to look forward to in 2015
1. PA school graduation!!! Oh my gosh, it feels like I have been waiting for this day (December 12th!) to come for so long and I’m so ready to become a PA and officially start my career in medicine. I can’t express my excitement enough!!!!
2. Wedding planning – I feel like I have already planned so much but there are still several things we have to figure out (like hopefully a videographer and day-of-coordinator). The nice thing about having a long engagement is having plenty of time to figure out what we want and don’t want. Only 407 days to go!
3. Wedding season – To go along with the wedding theme, Ryan & I have 5 weddings this year. Only one of those will be in Charlotte so this means lots of traveling. I’m so excited to see some of my best friends tie the knot- I can’t wait!!
4. Tropical vacation – I’m super duper excited that me & the fiancé are heading to St. Maarten at the end of May!! We love to travel and explore new places together and I’m so ready to get some R&R on the island and soak up the sun (wearing SPF of course!).
Linking with Annie & Natalie.