Vacation season is upon us and today I’m sharing my favorite outfit from our recent trip to Atlantis (you can read my full recap here)! If you’re into neutrals with a pop of palm print and all the vacay vibes, then this post is for you!
Happy Monday, friends!! I hope you had a great weekend- I know I sure did and my 30th birthday was one for the books! In Friday’s post, I shared 30 fun facts about me and today I wanted to share a few of last week’s celebrations with y’all. Ryan did the absolute most by planning the best birthday week ever and one I’ll always remember!
Well guys, I’m another year older and it’s a big one. Today I’m 30!! No longer a “twenty-something” which makes me a teensy bit sad but while the past 10 years were pretty amazing, I have a feeling that my 30s will be extra special. My 20s were fun- I graduated college, lived the fun single life with my friends which led to meeting Ryan in a bar and the rest was history! I started my career as a PA, got married, moved into our first home, and traveled as much as I could. To celebrate this “milestone” birthday, I’m sharing 30 random facts about me in today’s post! Ps. Tonight Ryan & I are going to The Price is Right so hopefully they’ll pick one of us to “come on down” and win some prizes… fingers crossed!!
- Sushi is my favorite food group- the more raw fish the better!
- I was born in Moscow, Russia but can’t speak Russian. I moved to the states when I was 4.
- I used to play the violin and flute but only for a few years in elementary/middle school.
- My first concert ever was in college- Kanye West, NERD and Rihanna.
- I’m very organized/somewhat OCD but messy at the same time. That’s a thing, right?
- I’m 5’2 (or as Ryan likes to call it, “fun-sized”).
- I have always been creative. I started scrapbooking in the 8th grade and made a book every year until the end of college.
- I skipped 2nd grade.
- I dislike long road trips, would much rather be on a plane.
- I have a slight obsession with brass and marble home decor.
- I’m not really into sports but my favorite one to watch is basketball (go Hornets!).
- I’ve been skydiving.
- There was a time when I was younger that I wanted to be a news anchor… I would’ve never made it!
- My favorite trips to date would be a tie between Italy and Banff.
- I love scary movies.
- I will eat just about anything- olives, anchovies, oysters… you name it!
- Ryan & I met in a bar in uptown Charlotte. We had our first date, moved in together and got married all within the same block!
- I can’t sing but love to rap.
- I started blogging so I could document my time in PA school.
- I have really come to love home decor since moving into our townhouse 2 years ago.
- One regret I have from college was not studying abroad, I think it would have been an awesome experience.
- I always have my nails painted. Always!
- I’ve never broken a bone.
- Sleeping in is one of my favorite pastimes.
- I love to ski.
- Traveling is my absolute favorite thing to do and I cannot wait to go to Greece this summer!
- Ryan & I got engaged at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville and have been married for almost 3 years.
- I’m deathly afraid of cockroaches.
- Top 3 movies are Titanic, Wedding Crashers and Mrs. Doubtfire.
- I love any type of music I can dance to!
Chambray is one of my favorite fabrics to wear in the spring & summer but honestly, I wear it year round! This button down shirt is probably THE most worn item in my closet. Keep scrolling to check out some of my favorite chambray pieces under $100!