Photo by Paige Winn Photography
Oh hey there, 2017!! I hope everyone had a great New Year’s weekend whether you were partying until 2am or snuggled up in your PJs watching the ball drop. And speaking of… did y’all catch that cringeworthy performance by Mariah Carey?! Y’all. It took me a minute to process what was happening but watching her on New Year’s Rockin’ Eve was so incredibly painful. If you haven’t seen the video, check it out here.
Anyways, at the beginning of every year I always like to share a few goals, both personal and blog-related. I’d say I did pretty well with last year’s goals and today I’m sharing 7 of my goals for 2017. Let’s take a peek!
2. Make the switch from Blogger to WordPress | I have been wanting to do this for a while but have kept putting it off. I’m pretty picky but refuse to pay thousands of dollars for a custom design. I have finally found a design I like, now I just need to find someone to do the transfer (recommendations are welcome)!
3. Travel to a new state and new country | My love for travel just keeps growing and I have a few destinations that I want to add to my list. Ryan & I are in the process of planning an anniversary trip and I can’t freaking wait!!
4. Adjust to my new urgent care position | After suffering unexpected job loss last year, I’m excited to finally be working again and getting in the swing of things in my urgent care clinic. I have already learned so much and this year I hope to become more comfortable being a solo provider. Yes, you heard right- I will be the solo functioning provider at my clinic as of January 14th. Wish me ALL of the luck!!
5. Host a big party or holiday event | I have been wanting to do this for the longest time, but our small space makes it a bit challenging. Once we get fully moved into our new place, I hope to have a big housewarming party and hopefully Christmas dinner as well.
6. Go on a blogger trip | Last year I went to my first blog conference in Charleston and it was a blast! I definitely want to attend The Blog Societies conference again and maybe even plan another fun blogger weekend getaway. Hopefully I can make that happen!
7. Work on my time management skills | This year was crazy busy. With my first job and wedding planning, finding time to blog was a struggle. Then this summer came and I was blogging like crazy. Now that I’m working again, I really want to work on planning more blog posts in advance. When I’m working a 12-hour shift, I obviously can’t be blogging all day and when I get home at 9 or 10pm, I just want to cuddle with the hubs. I need to get better about managing my time blogging when I’m off so I can continue to give y’all great content and also be consistent.