It’s Friday, our nephrology test is over with and only pharm & a 4-hour psych lecture (sigh) stands in between me and vacation time! Here are my Friday Five…
1. Nerd alert! I just found out that I am going to be on the challenge bowl team with 2 of my other classmates at the AAPA National Conference in Boston this May! (That’s when all the PAs all over the country get together and… do PA things) – I really don’t know what to expect but stay tuned. The Challenge Bowl is a Jeopardy-like game show except with medical questions. I seriously cannot wait for Boston- I have never been & cannot wait to explore the city!
2. My 2013 photo book from Picaboo has arrived! It’s like Christmas when one of these babies comes in. I brought it to class & inspired some girls to start making one! Plain old photo albums are not for me so when I gave up scrapbooking (because of time, amount of stuff laying everywhere, etc. etc.) then I made this my new hobby. In the past, I have tried other programs but this company is by far my favorite. They also have Groupon & Living Social deals all the time. If you want to let your creative side run loose, send me your email for a $10 off referral code 🙂
3. I was on my way home from Target cruising the country roads and thought to myself- damn, that’s a beautiful sunset! So I pulled over on the side of the road (it’s safe around here, don’t worry) and snapped these photos on my iPhone!
4. Clinical skill of the week: ABGs & Venipuncture! We learned how to draw an arterial blood gas (ABG) which gets blood from an artery to determine pH, CO2, O2, and bicarbonate level of the blood (basically it’s used in pulmonology to see how well oxygenated you are). We also learned how to draw blood on our super cool fake arms!
5. Nonstop comes out today & I cannot wait to go see it with Ryan! First of all, the closest movie theater to me is about 45 minutes away so needless to say I don’t go very often. When I’m in Charlotte, however, the movies are only a few blocks away! I LOVE Taken and Liam Neeson is always kicking butt in his movies so I hope this is a good one.